Out of the backdrop of America's declining health emerge two fire-breathing dragons that destroy tooth and bone: Acid (Airway) Reflux and Insulin Resistance/Diabetes. This virtual presentation will help you recognize the oral ramifications of these two conditions. More importantly, Dr. Susan Maples will challenge our acceptance of conventional "treatment" methods (i.e. medication) and inspire the dental profession to accept a more profound role in root cause analysis and facilitating health change behavior.
You will learn to:
- Identify the patterns of tooth loss from Acid Reflux
- Understand the "silent" symptoms of reflux that precede heartburn
- Uncover root causes of both, Acid Reflux and Type 2 Diabetes
- Recognize the bi-directional relationship between uncontrolled Diabetes and active Periodontal Disease
- Understand the pathology of Insulin Resistance and its progression to Prediabetes and finally to Type 2 Diabetes
- Accept your role as facilitator and coach for preventing and/or improving lifestyle-related systematic disease.
Sponsored by Nakanishi Dental Lab