Click here to login to register for CDE classes and membership meetings.
Medical Billing for Dental Practices
Dental practices are filled with patients that pay premiums for medical insurance policies that have benefits available for services they render. Accessing medical benefits requires the dental office to step out of their “dento-centric” view of their practice and into a medical view. In this course, dental practices will learn to separate the medical portion of their services from the dental, identify when to file for medically necessary services and the basics of medical claim submission.
• Understand the basis for medical billing for dental practices
• Learn basic medical insurance terminology and concepts
• Understand the medical claims cycle and how it works
• Understand medical necessity for claims
• Learn ICD and CPT coding basics
• Learn what can be billed to medical insurance
• Learn how to complete the CMS1500 claim form
Coding For Medical and Dental Claims
ICD 10 replaced ICD-9 in October 2015. Changes to the ADA claim form require the use of ICD-10 diagnosis codes as does the CMS1500 medical claim form; thus, a working knowledge of ICD-10 is important for dental practices that file dental AND medical claims. This course will prepare the practitioner and staff for medical and dental claims using ICD-10.
• Learn the contents, organization, conventions and structure of
• Learn how to locate and assign a code with ICD-10-CM
• Learn how to prioritize your diagnosis codes for successful claims
• Learn how to code various clinical situations (ICD and CPT) including exam, consultation, radiographs, CT, emergencies, TMD, sleep apnea appliance and surgical removal of wisdom teeth
This class will be held at
AGD Educational Center
19415 International Blvd, Ste 410, SeaTac WA 98188
Advanced Medical Dental Billing Workshop
This course will focus on adding dental medical billing to your practice and navigating the dental medical billing world. Once dental practices are fundamentally sound in the claims process, medical claims may be successfully submitted for "beyond the basics" services. This is the ultimate in-depth coding course for surgeries, appliances, and trauma claims plus more! Basic medical billing concepts are not covered in this course. A working knowledge of the medical claim form and the claims process is a prerequisite for registration. This course is not appropriate for practices with little or no medical claims experience.
This course is designed as a follow-up to Friday’s class. It is strongly encouraged that both the dentist and the staff attend together.
There is a discount if you register for this bundled class before Friday, October 13th.
Course Prerequisites: Billing for Dental Practices
Click here to download the registration form.
Click here to download the flyer for this event